Description[edit | edit source]
The Blacksmith makes items from metal. It makes everything from tools and weapons, to gear and building materials.
In the early game, the Blacksmith's main value is in producing tools to speed up the work of the other colonists, and making basic weapons and armor for defending the base. Over time, the Blacksmith becomes more useful as a creator of custom metal components for technologies that haven't yet been automated, and for building the housings of factory machines. If you want to make advanced weapons and armor, Blacksmith eventually leads into the Weaponsmith and Armorsmith jobs, which become much more in-depth. Blacksmith is also a necessary step on the path to Engineer, which unlocks all higher-level technology.
Related Jobs[edit | edit source]
- Weaponsmith - makes advanced weapons; only requires levels in Blacksmith
- Armorsmith - makes advanced armor; only requires levels in Blacksmith
- Engineer - key job for building machinery and moving into factory production; requires levels in Blacksmith and Scholar
- Gemsmith - makes gem-based weapons and armor; requires levels in Blacksmith and Jeweler
- Gunsmith - makes guns; requires levels in Blacksmith and Engineer
Craftables[edit | edit source]
|Iron Cooking Knife||---||IMAGE|
|Gold Cooking Knife||---||IMAGE|
|Wrought Iron Fence||Smithy||IMAGE|